Thursday, June 12, 2008

Three Cheese Macaroni and Cheese


This being my very first food blog post, I would have liked to make something really special. On the other hand, I have a two year old and a 6 week old... so I chose a recipe that sounded both quick and comforting (we had a huge thunderstorm last night). After doing a quick search, I settled on mac and cheese, Katelyn's (my 2 year old) absolute favorite food. My go to source for recipes before now has always been Allrecipes.com. I came across "Chuck's Favorite Mac and Cheese". It looked easy and delicious. That's exactly how it turned out! It was the perfect comfort food. Combined with a big helping of steamed broccoli (which Katelyn actually eats!) it didn't seem to terrible unhealthy. For our family, half of this recipe was the perfect amount. If you are looking for a fast, slightly gourmet mac and cheese, this is the one. It was just cheesy enough for my taste and the crunchy breadcrumbs on top were a perfect combination with the creamy pasta. Since I don't know Chuck... I have renamed this to be Three Cheese Macaroni and Cheese.

Three Cheese Macaroni and Cheese

  • 1 (8 ounce) package elbow macaroni
  • 1 (8 ounce) package shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
  • 1 (12 ounce) container small curd cottage cheese
  • 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 cup dry bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Cook macaroni according to package directions and set aside. In a large bowl, stir together cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Fold in cooked macaroni. Spoon macaroni mixture into prepared baking dish. In a small bowl, melt the butter. Stir dry bread crumbs into melted butter and then sprinkle over the macaroni and cheese. Bake for 30 minutes.


1 comments:

Tiffanyrose said...

Okay, I am totally going to add you to my recipe link list if you keep posting yummy food like this one!